Come and join us!
Come for a tour and meet us! To arrange for a tour, Contact Us.
You can always call our office at 218-753-1246 or email us at email@example.com
1. Sign up on this form to begin enrollment! Click here to start enrolling now!
2. Once completed, we will process and send you a link to create a JMC family login to complete enrollment registration.
3. We will submit a records request to your previous school and start working on transportation arrangements (if needed).
4. You plan a day when you can visit the school in person for a family meeting where we get to know you as a student and family.
5. You attend Vermilion Country School and start loving learning as we make an individual plan with you to succeed in graduation and beyond.
As a public charter school, VCS limits its class sizes, depending on the grade and approval by the school’s board of directors. If your student applies for a grade level that is full, we will let you know you are on the waiting list. Until that time, we are accepting students in all grade levels! (Further information is available in the school lottery policy.)
What we do
Vermilion Country School supports students to succeed as young adults. Our curriculum meets all state standards and goes farther - we offer environmental education, arts & music, character-building programs, and individual learning based on interests and passions of the student.
We want our students the opportunity to be challenged and supported according to their abilities, skills, and needs. VCS is dedicated to pursuing academic success.
Vermilion Country School is an independent public school. Parents and students can choose to enroll at Vermilion from across the northland. VCS is open to all students and offers a unique educational program where students can expect to receive a quality education. Vermilion Country School students and families can also expect a school environment based in respect and free from bullying and discrimination.
Vermilion Country School enrolls all students who are interested - there are no fees and there is no cost to families to attend school. We employ licensed teachers, offer robust services to special education students, and meet or exceed all state and national standards for public schools. VCS students are required to take state and national assessments.
Check out a school video from previous years: School Video
It is the policy of Vermilion Country School to maintain a learning and working environment that is free from harassment, violence or discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex/gender, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status. VCS prohibits any form of harassment, violence, or discrimination based on actual or perceived protected class status.